Not it's not real Mystery that is the name of our feature for this month. For February we got a chance to a talk to Mermaid Mystery (Stella Lockwood) here is what she has to say about her mermaid Journey.
" I've been a mermaid since I was 11 years old. I'm currently 17 and still one of the youngest mermaids to put myself out there. I've been working with animals as long as I can remember and I've had a volunteer job with them as long as I've been a mermaid. Conservation is very important to me, and mermaiding seemed to be an excellent way to teach about ocean conservation!"
1. What did your first tail look like?
My first tail was a purple magictail. It has beautiful scale printing on it and there's a printed dorsal fin on the back.
2. What is the best part of being a mermaid?
I'd say the best part of being a mermaid is being yourself. When I'm in the water, I don't have a care in the world. I don't worry about people judging me or other human things.
3. What are some of the challenges you face?
My biggest challenge is body image. The thing is, when I'm on land, the way I look can bother me immensely, but when I'm underwater, it's the least of my worries.
4. Did you plan on making a business when you where putting a tail on for the first time? ------If you don't have a business please answer, have you ever thought about turning your talent into a business? If not why?
I used to always want to go professional. As i got older I decided I'd rather just swim recreationally, but after mermania I definitely want to start my own business. Seeing all these other merfolk in person inspired me so much, and I want to take things further.
5. What is your favorite thing to do with public groups, events or parties as a mermaid?
My favorite thing to do, as I've mentioned earlier, is swim!
6. What is something you support as a mermaid to you have a cause or charity?
Conservation. Whether it's the ocean or the land, conservation is the most important to me.
7. If you where throwing a party what top 3 things does your perfect Mermaid Pool Party need?
An ideal mermaid party would have bubbles, accessory making, and some mermaid music!
8. Any tips for beginners looking at starting out as a mermaid?
My biggest tip is don't be afraid to be yourself. I know this can be so hard. I've struggled with self image my whole life, but as a mermaid you just have to stop caring about what other people think. Do what YOU want to do.
9. What is your favorite on land mer-accessory?
Mermaidy necklaces! They can be super subtle but add a lot to any outfit!
10. Other then a Fabulous tail what is one thing no mermaid can go without?
A shell top!!